Monday, May 11, 2009

In Denver.


This week, I'm in Denver, Colorado, visiting my precious nephew (above), some chickies, and of course my sister and brother-in-law.  I hope to find the time between cooking, gardening and playing with my cutie pie nephew to blog to you, but it might not be as frequent until I return.

This trip is already giving me so much perspective on what it means to eat and cook local foods through the eyes of a mother (or Aunt), so my goal is to update easier, mom-friendly and kid-happy recipes for you when I return.

In the meantime... my husband will be guest-blogging about whatever it is he is eating while I am gone.  I am hoping he will carry the torch, but we'll see.  Stay tuned to hear things from the man's perspective. 

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

9 comments:

ccreatif said...

That is a lovely picture. The colors are so bright and natural. Enjoy your stay!

A.Kelley said...

Thank you! I don't know what my husband is eating without me, but we're all going to find out soon as he is guest posting this week... should be interesting!

Gracie said...

I have been enjoying your blog Annie! I can't wait to hear some of your mommy-friendly and kid happy recipes!

holliday said...

glad to be a blog buddy! My mom just realized John is the same John who lived across the street from us. : )

Unknown said...

carryin the torch! can't wait for you to get back lovely!!!

anna j said...

I'll miss your culinary posts . . . but will have to console myself with tending my budding garden until you return :-)
Have fun!

anna j said...

by the way, i also find it interesting that my only niece is also there in Denver :-)

A.Kelley said...

Thanks guys! Yall are all so sweet.

Anna J - don't worry, my husband's going to carry the torch for a few days, i'm sure he'll be more than entertaining.

Gracie - I learned today if you are making an "adult" salad with fruit (strawberries, blackberries, apple) to slice some extra and put it in the kiddie bowl and then the adults can have their own dressing etc. But then you probably already knew that :)

Hollie - your mom is awesome, I couldn't do without her, I love your blog and am so glad we're "blog buddies" now!

Fine Little Day said...

Cute :)

(I really like you header!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin