Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get Busy.



Well, it looks like they found the secret to the fountain of youth and would you believe this study in the New York Times?  Looking young has everything to do with exercise!  (If you don't believe me, read the article.


So I'm not the greatest when it comes to exercise, but this research has me feeling motivated.  Just this one bit is enough to get me off my butt: 

"The potential benefits have attractions even for the young. While Dr. Tarnopolsky, a lifelong athlete, noted with satisfaction that active, aged mice kept their hair, his younger graduate students were far more interested in the animals’ robust gonads. Their testicles and ovaries hadn’t shrunk, unlike those of sedentary elderly mice."

Um... hair loss?  Shrunken gonads?  I'm off to the gym.  Oh, and if you are one of those too-busy types, here's an extra dose of motivation.


{images via pinterest}

3 comments:

MYDell83 said...

Cool post!
I've been getting off my butt lately and I feel a lot better. You think that you will not have a lot of energy after you work out but you actually feel energized!

Kate said...

hahah, as always annie, you continue to make me laugh. I suppose i should be really thankful my husband is a workout guru right?!

A.Kelley said...

he will never, ever, ever, ever go bald!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin