Friday, October 1, 2010

Just Like This.

Well, John started his job at the hospital (I'm so proud) and is no longer around the house in the mornings.  He's up and at'em at a eye-crusting 5:45 in the morning, and has to be at work at an hour later.  Pshhh.  I don't know about this new arrangment.  I'm so used to making him breakfast in the morning that I don't know what to do with myself.  Not to mention, if I wake up too much later, then the coffee's cold.  Don't worry, I'm not complaining, I'm just processing a transition, so make note of the distinction, if you will.  Anyway, I think this means that weekend breakfasts should be extravagant affairs.  Maybe with a subscription to the New York Times.  Maybe, for winter, fuzzy slippers all morning.  The kind of breakfast where there is coffee, tea, and orange juice.  (Oh my.)  The kind of morning where you serve breakfast with pretty china.  I don't know.  Something magazine-quality.  Something just like this:

{photo via Design Sponge! }

Yep.  Thanks, Design Sponge!  You've got our weekend mornings all figured out for us!  I'll be making this Egg Sandwich as soon as I return from the Saturday morning market with the eggs and fresh baked bread.  Hope you all have a lovely Friday night and an extravagant Saturday morning breakfast!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I hear ya! This morning I woke up to the remnants of a poptart wrapper and no sign of Kevin. We go all out sat and sun mornings!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin