Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Cheers.


Summertime has arrived.  You know it and I know it.  In fact, I'm (wanting to get) really, really excited, but first I have to attend a weekend wedding and get some quality time in with some family and friends.  This means I'm going to have to save my high-kicks, hyper-enthusiasm and new recipes for...next week?  Sorry.  Yet in the meantime I have some awesomeness to tide you over until I get back.



(Photos by G.)


Dungness Crab and Grilled Asparagus with Caper-Lemon Vinaigrette.  Are you kidding me?  I cannot wait to make this recipe.  Kiss My Spatula is my newest favorite food blog.  Hooray for her brilliant recipes and mouthwatering photography.  Or do I have that backwards?  She's got my head spinning.  



Next up is a friend of mine, Donn, and his incredible farming blog: Farmer South.  I can't rave enough about this blog, or the importance of his journalism, which gets into the heart of the farm life.   He's either the next big thing in farming or journalism or both.  A rewarding read for anyone, a must read for a Southerner.




If you are planning on going all out for a dinner party, here's the most amazing menu.  I can't wait to make the penne frittata.  How I love Cup of Jo!  


***Last but not least: three cheers for my sis-in-law, Bea, who has transformed my front porch.  (Photos to come...).  Thanks, Bea!***

See you all next week!  Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Have fun at the wedding - that crab looks soooo delicious!

XO
Lenore

Blog Widget by LinkWithin